L Read the wnnSs and word combiiiafionj with them.
， composition, soloist, conductor, musicolog
1. They goto worl; by car and come home on foot. 2. These children.
I do not come home for lunch, 3. Thev do not believe her stories because
Insert articles where necessary： |
1. That is. . . Music Sshool where Jane studies, 2. Where is , . i
Conservatore? 3. This is. . . Mary, She is, , , musician.也 That is..: English girl and those are. . . English boys. 5. He has, . , new tape^ xecorder. 6. The students have. . . free time now. 7. He always plays.,, piano for hours. 8. Her daughter is . . . organist. 9. He is. . very good composer and conductor. He writes. . , lot of music for films, ■
10. This is. . . nice instrument. . , .Instrument is of modern design.
11. There is. . . light variety department at the Conservatoire. 12.： reading room is on. , . first floor. 13. What is. . . time? It is ten to five.
V. Read the following sentences replacing lalso' by 'too'： \
1. She has two pianos and also a guitar. 2. There are also many :
new songs in the film. 3. My mother also likes to play the piano. 4,； He also wants to become a good musician. 5. Do you also go to con-； certs very often? 6. My friend also plays the piano. (Two meaning^1-and different intonation.) 、
¥1. Answer the following questuions: !
1. On m^hat days have you English lessons this term? 2, When ^ have you a lot of free time? 3. On what days have you music lessons?
■4. When are you very busy? 5. When have you exams? 6. How many ^xams are you going to have this term? 7. At what time have yoiu break for lunch? 8. Have you much or little experience in your" speciality? "
¥11. Use 4here is' or 4here are： and translate the following •sentences:
1. . . four departments in the institute. 2. . . some music on the piano. 3. . . a great many pianists in our country, 4. . . . lots of good1 ，orchestras in our towns. 5. . . . much light in the concert-hall, 6... a lot of portraits of composers on the walls of their classrooms, 7,,.. many songs in this film. 8. . . . five young women in this orchestra, "9. . . . bookcases next to the piano. 1Ò. . . . a man at the piano. 11.
...no musical instruments in that shop-window. 12. . , . some magazine on the desk. 13. . • many people loving music in our country, i 14. . . . no words in this song