EPIDEMIOLOGY, INFECTIOUS DISEASES, PARASITOLOGY & TROPICAL MEDICINE
MEDICAL STUDENTS, VIth COURSE
- Epidemiology as a Medical Science. Subject of Epidemiology, Its Goals, Tasks, Relation to Other Disciplines, Its Importance. Methods - Descriptive, Analytical, Experimental, Mathematical
- Infectious Process. Characteristics - Degree of Epidemiological Significance of the Forms of Infectious Process.
- Epidemiological Process - Definition, Basic Links of Spreading of Infection, Forms of Infection Occurrence, Depending on Intensity and Extent Occurrence of Infectious Diseases.
- Source of Infection: Level of Infection, the Carrier of Infection - the Elements in a Carrier State, Classification by Type and Duration, Importance. Zoonoses.
- Mechanism (Mode) of Transmission of Infection - Phases, Types. Vehicles of Transmission. Routes for Spread of Infectious Disease.
- Classification of Infectious Diseases (Criteria).
- Vehicles of Transmission of Disease: Water, Food, Objects. Importance.
- Vehicles of Transmission of Disease: Soil, Air. Importance.
- Vehicles of Transmission of Disease: Vector-Borne Diseases. Main Vectors (Mosquitoes, Ticks, Fleas) and Diseases They Transmit. Importance.
- Susceptibility of the Population: Nonspecific Resistance, Nonspecific Immunity, Specific Immunity.
- Specific Immunoprophylaxis. Types of Vaccines. Immunisation Schedule in Bulgaria.
- Specific Immunoprophylaxis. Contraindications. Reactions After Vaccination.
- Social Conditions - Socio-Economic Conditions Contribute to Changes in the Process of Spreading Infections.
- Natural Conditions Influence the Process of Spreading Infections. Seasonality of Infectious Diseases. Cyclic Trends of Infectious Diseases.
- Types of Epidemics, Depending on the Diseases' Modes of Transmission: by Water, by Food and Milk. Epidemic Curves.
- Types of Epidemics, depending on the Diseases' Modes of Transmission: Vector-Borne, by Air and Mediated by Contaminated Objects. Epidemic Curves.
- Epidemiological Investigation - Aims, Stages, Ways of Carrying Out, Epidemiological Analysis, Epidemiological Prognosis.
- General Prophylaxis and Basic Anti-Epidemiological Measures.
- Epidemiological Investigation in the Focus of Infection - to the Patient, to the Environment. Anti- Epidemic Measures in the Focus of Infection.
- Disinfection and Sterilisation - Definition. Physical Methods. Chemical Methods.
- Disinfection - Definition, Methods and Characteristics of Agents Used. Insecticides.
- Deratisation - Definition, Methods and Characteristics of Agents Used. Rodenticides.
- Hospital Acquired (Nosocomial) Infections: Causative Agents, Specific Types of Nosocomial Infections, Sources of Infection, Modes of Transmission, Preventative and Control.
- Diagnosis of Infectious Diseases.
- Antimicrobial Treatment of Infectious Diseases.
- Typhoid Fever.
- Food Poisoning