Welcome to Business Result Advanced. In this book you’ll find: I 12 units ! Practice files I Language reference I I Useful phrases I Information files I Audio scripts I I Interactive Workbook on DVD-ROM |
We hope you find this introduction useful, and that you enjoy using the course.
What's in a unit?
• an introduction to the unit topic
• discussion questions
Working with words
• reading and listening based on themes from business and the world of work
• important new words and phrases that you can use immediately in your work
• practise the new vocabulary in a realistic final activity
Business communication skills
• presents key expressions for attending meetings, presenting information, communicating by telephone, and negotiating solutions to work-related issues
• helps you express yourself more clearly in real work situations
• lets you choose which phrases to use from the Key expressions list in every unit
Language at work
• reviews key grammar from Business communication skills
• helps you communicate more accurately in real work situations
• lets you check your knowledge of grammar and practise it in the classroom
• if you need more explanation, refer to the Language reference section
• teaches really useful everyday phrases for small talk, telephoning, and short conversations
• helps you sound more natural when you speak English
• each unit ends with an authentic case study
• find out about situations related to the unit topic that affect real companies and organizations
• take part in a longer work-related activity with lots of opportunities to practise the language from the unit
If time on your course is limited, Business Result has a unique fast-track option to use in class. For each unit, combine the Business communication skills section and the Case study. This creates a practical, highly communicative shorter course, enabling you to get the maximum benefit from your business English studies - fast.
What's in the Practice file?
The Practice file is like a mini-workbook in the back of the Student’s Book. It allows you to think about and practise important words, phrases, and grammar. It has written exercises on the key language from each unit. When completing the Language at work exercises you can refer to the Language reference section for more detailed grammar explanations.
Follow the links to the Practice file in each unit.
» For more exercises, go to Practice file 1 on page 102.
What's the Interactive Workbook on DVD-ROM?
The Interactive Workbook gives you practical tools to use immediately in your work by helping you to practise the language and skills from the Student’s Book and allows you to make them personal to you and your own work situation. It also helps you review and test your own progress.
Exercises and Tests
• review and practise key language with interactive exercises
• check your progress with unit tests
• check the meaning of around 600 words and phrases
• personalize the vocabulary to your needs
• listen to all the key expressions from the Student’s Book
• learn new phrases for meetings, presenting, telephoning, negotiating, and socializing
• create your own personal phrasebook
• learn useful phrases for writing work-related emails
• copy model emails to your out-box, or create your own
• listen to dialogues and conversations in a variety of real-world business scenarios
• complete exercises to check your understanding
• listen again to the Student’s Book audio recordings, or download them to your MP3 player
• Every unit has a video clip which recycles and extends the language of the unit.
• Complete the interactive exercises while you watch the video clips
• This icon VIDEO shows you the section of the unit that the vides relates to. Watch the video after you have completed the work in the Student’s Book.
Wherever you see this link, it means you can access extra material on the Interactive Workbook.