Welcome to Business Result Pre-intermediate. In this book you will find:
I 16 units I Practice files I Information files I Audio scripts I I Interactive Workbook on DVD-ROM I
What's in a unit?
• an introduction to the unit
• discussion questions
Working with words
• reading and listening about the world of work
• new words and phrases that you can use in your work
• practise the new words in speaking activities
Language at work
• grammar lessons in real work situations
• helps you communicate better
• practise grammar in the classroom in speaking activities
• for more practice go to the Practice file
• essential words and phrases for general use
• helps you sound more natural when you speak English
• key expressions for exchanging information, socializing, presenting, and meetings
• real work situations
• Key expressions list in every unit
Case study / Activity
• authentic case study, or activity
• improve your fluency
• practise the language from the unit
What's in the Practice file?
Written exercises on the key language in
• Working with words
• Business communication
• Language at work
plus a language reference section with more grammar explanations.
Use the Practice file
• in class to check your understanding
• after class for extra practice.
Follow the links to the Practice file in each unit
» For more exercises, go to Practice file 3 on page 106.
What's the Interactive Workbook on DVD-ROM?
The Interactive Workbook lets you practise the language from the
Student’s Book. It also helps you test your own progress. Use it at
home or in the office to practise the language you learn in class.
Exercises and Tests
• practise key language with interactive exercises
• check your progress with unit tests
• check the meaning of over 400 words and phrases
• listen to the words and add your translation
• listen to the key expressions from the Student’s Book
• learn new phrases for telephoning, exchanging information, socializing, travel, presenting, and meetings
• create your personal phrasebook
• learn useful phrases for writing emails
• copy example emails to use at work
• listen again to the Student’s Book audio, or download to your MP3 player
• Watch a video clip related to a section in the unit. Every unit has a video clip which recycles and extends the language of the unit.
• Complete the interactive exercises while you watch the video clips
• This icon VIDEO shows you the section of the unit that the video relates to. Watch the video after you have completed the work in the Student’s Book.
© » Interactive Workbook »
If you are on a short course, you can do the fast-track option. For each unit, do Language at work, Practically speaking, and Business communication in class. You can do the other sections in your own time if you wish.