Welcome to Business Result Upper-intermediate.
In this book you’ll find:
I 16 units I Practice file I Information files I Audio scripts I I Useful phrases I Interactive Workbook on CD-ROM I
We hope you find this introduction useful, and that you enjoy using the course.
What's in a unit?
• an introduction to the unit topic
• discussion questions
Working with words
• reading and listening based on themes from business and the world of work
• important new words and phrases that you can use immediately in your work
• practise the new vocabulary in a realistic final activity
Business communication skills
• presents key expressions for exchanging information, attending meetings, presenting information, and socializing
• helps you express yourself more clearly in real work situations
• lets you choose which phrases to use from the Key expressions list in every unit
• teaches really useful everyday phrases for small talk, telephoning and short conversations
• helps you sound more natural when you speak English
Language at work
• reviews key grammar from Business communication skills
• helps you communicate more accurately in real work situations
• lets you check your knowledge of grammar and practise it in the classroom
• if you need more explanation, refer to the language reference
section in the Practice file
• each unit ends with an authentic case study
• find out about situations related to the unit topic that affect real companies and organizations
• take part in a longer work-related activity with lots of opportunities to practise the language from the unit
If time on your course is limited, Business Result has a unique fast-track option to use in class. For each unit, combine the Business communication skills section and the Case study. This creates a practical, highly communicative shorter course, enabling you to get the maximum benefit from your Business English studies - fast.
What's in the Practice file?
The Practice file is like a mini-workbook in the back of the Studenti Book. It allows you to think about and practise important words, phrases and grammar It has written exercises on the key language from each unit, plus a language reference section with more detailed grammar explanations.
Use the Practice file
• in class to check your understanding
• after class for extra practice
Follow the links to the Practice file in each unit
» For more information and exercises, go to Practice file 3 on page 107
What's the Interactive Workbook on CD-ROM?
Everyone’s needs are different when it comes to using English at work. The Interactive Workbook gives you practical tools to use immediately in your work by helping you to practise the language and skills from the Student's Book, and make them personal to you and your own work situation, It also helps you review and test your own progress.
Exercises and tests
* review and practise key language with interactive exercises
* check your progress with unit tests
• check the meaning of around 600 words and phrases
• personalize the vocabulary to your needs
* listen to all the key expressions from the Student's Book
♦ learn phrases for exchanging information, meetings, presenting socializing, telephoning, and travel
* create your own personal phrasebook to match your needs at work
* learn useful phrases for writing the most common work-related emails
* copy model emails to your out-box, or create your own
• listen again to the Student s Book audio recordings, or download to your MP3 player
Wherever you see this link, it means you can access extra material on the Interactive Workbook.
(T> » Interactive Workbook »